domingo, 5 de julho de 2015

Home



 
 I was with the man with whom I've been in love for 37 years and whom I married five years ago. Corny? Not if you can appreciate that you want your best friend with you when you're in a foreign city that reminds you of the injustice of the world everywhere you look. Without him, I'd have been ready for tears. When I think back to the 24 hours we spent in Ribeirao Preto, what I remember most is sitting in the city's landmark pub, the Pinguim, and laughing together at the oddness of coming to a tropical city to be surrounded by statues and paintings of penguins. The older I get, the more I understand that the loving friendship that Alex and I have created over four decades has become my home.
 
 
Podem ler o artigo completo do Richard Zimmler, sobre o conceito de casa aqui: Writing Home

Nenhum comentário: